One Year Ago Today My Life Was Changed…

Description of forum: Share your story. . Inspire others. . From the first attack or diagnosis to today, tell people they're not alone in this journey.
kkinvegas02806

One Year Ago Today My Life Was Changed…

Post by kkinvegas02806 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:12 pm

One year ago today I was getting my fifth and last treatment of IV Steroids for my Autoimmune Disease Neuromyelitis Optica aka NMO. The reason why I was getting that treatment was because I denied the other MS Meds my 3rd Neurologist had given me. I needed something asap that would suppress my immune system and hopefully prevent me from becoming blind and/or parlyzed. Steroids were the only option at that time.

Something in my gut told me not to take those drugs. I could not have both MS and NMO which 3 Neurologists had been telling me. I know they were similar but I just had a very strong feeling they were all wrong. I also tested positive for a virus which would have caused a brain infection if I had taken those MS drugs. Thank god I did not as I would not be here today sharing my story.

So one year ago I opted for 3 more MRI’s (#7,8 and 9) of my brain and spine to see if there had been a change. More lesions (tumors) etc. In the meantime I was receiving the 5 days of IV Steroids.

My veins have always been invisible so on the first day it took a while for them to appear. The nurses wrapped my entire arm up so that I would only have to go through that process of poking twice as each IV can stay in for 36 hours. Besides eating for an entire family after each treatment everything went fine. I was crazy wired, sweating like I’ve never sweat before and like I said eating and eating. I knew that was part of the drill though.

To continue reading click here: http://kellyanngorman.com/one-year-ago- ... s-changed/

Bobby
Founder
Founder

Re: One Year Ago Today My Life Was Changed…

Post by Bobby » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:50 am

Awesome story, so glad you won your battle with the docs. Still sad to know you have NMO but I really hope we reach a cure soon!

Return to “Forum: Share your Story”